Discover the benefits of Acupuncture…
What is Acupuncture?
- Acupuncture is a natural healing therapy which involves the placement of very fine needles into specific points around the body.
- On average, 8-12 needles will be used. The needles used are extremely thin. A pinch is usually felt when they are inserted , and are comfortable during the treatment.
What does a treatment involve?
- On your first visit, a full consultation will be taken in order to diagnose your condition in relation to Traditional Chinese Medicine. This will take approximately 30 minutes.
- The consultation will be followed by a treatment which will take approximately 45 mins to an hour. A treatment may also involve Moxibustion, Cupping and use of an Infra-Red Heat Lamp depending on your condition.
How does Acupuncture work?
- Factors such as improper diet, stress, worry , fear, grief, lack of exercise, cold ,damp, accident , trauma can all lead to imbalance and disease in the body. This imbalance disturbs the flow of Qi (enrgy/life force) in the body.
- Acupuncture works by correcting the flow of Qi in the body and balancing the Yin and Yang in the body, thereby treating the disease.
- Qi flows in Meridians which form a circuit around the body. Acupuncture points are the parts of the meridians which come closest to the surface of the body. By placing acupuncture needles in these specific points we can correct the flow of Qi around the body.
What is Acupuncture for?
Acupuncture is remarkable in its ability to stimulate the bodies own healing abilities. As a result of this , acupuncture can treat many different conditions.
Acupuncture is suitable for both chronic and acute conditions. It is very useful in winter time to clear up the colds and flues that often occur during this season.
Acupuncture is often used to maintain well-being and to prevent the onset of illness . Even a perfectly healthy person can gain benefit from Acupuncture, through its ability to enhance mood, increase energy levels, and strengthen the immune system.
Below is a list of conditions which can be treated with Acupuncture
- Acute & chronic musculoskeletal disorders
- Neurological disorders – headache, migraine, post stroke symptoms, Trigeminal neuralgia, Carpal tunnel syndrome and neuropathy;
- Gastrointestinal disorders – constipation/diarrhea, indigestion, IBS, hemorrhoids;
- Respiratory disorders – common cold, sinusitis, seasonal allergies, bronchitis, asthma, rhinitis;
- Gynecological disorders – PMS, irregular menstruation, fertility enhancement, menopause syndrome;
- Cardiovascular disorders – circulatory problems; hypertension.
- Emotional disorders – stress, anxiety, insomnia, depression.
- Skin disorders
- Weight Loss
In an official report, Acupuncture: Review and Analysis of Reports on Controlled Clinical Trials, the WHO (WHO) has listed the following symptoms, diseases and conditions that have been shown through controlled trials to be treated effectively by acupuncture:
- lower back pain
- neck pain
- tennis elbow
- knee pain
- periarthritis of the shoulder
- facial pain (including craniomandibular disorders)
- dental pain
- tempromandibular (TMJ) dysfunction
- rheumatoid arthritis
- induction of labor
- correction of malposition of fetus (breech presentation)
- morning sickness
- nausea and vomiting
- postoperative pain
- essential hypertension
- primary hypotension
- renal colic
- adverse reactions to radiation or chemotherapy
- allergic rhinitis, including hay fever
- biliary colic
- depression (including depressive neurosis and depression following stroke)
- acute bacillary dysentery
- primary dysmenorrhea
- acute epigastralgia
- peptic ulcer
- acute and chronic gastritis
How many treatments will I need?
The amounts of treatments needed depends on the type of condition and on how long you have had it for. Aches and pains that have recently occurred can often be treated with one or two sessions. Acute conditions will also often require just a few treatments. More severe and chronic issues may require from 6 to 10 treatments in order to achieve long term results.
To Book your Free Consultation, Call (086) 8619246 today 🙂